- Curry Sauce:
- 6 oz light coconut milk
- 8 oz vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp Thai curry paste
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 pkg extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 1 cup thinly sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup scallions, chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine the coconut milk, broth and curry paste.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Gently add the tofu and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook the tofu, stirring a couple of times (too much stirring will cause it to break apart) for 15 – 20 minutes. The tofu should be well seasoned.
- Add the red peppers and water chestnuts and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the curry hot, garnished with the chopped scallions.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 2 cups.
Each serving = 8 Smart Points/8 Points +
PER SERVING: 295 calories; 16g fat; 2.6g saturated fat; 25g carbohydrates; 1.7g sugar; 18g protein; 8.3g fiber