- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup prepared tahini sauce (like Trader Joe’s version)
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp zaatar seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss butternut squash with the olive oil to coat evenly. Place squash onto baking sheet and season with salt. Cook in oven for about 25-30 minutes or until squash is tender and lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tahini sauce, lemon juice and water. (This step is done only to thin out the consistency of the tahini sauce. I use Trader Joe’s Tahini Sauce, which is quite thick. If the sauce you use is already thin, then this step can be skipped.)
- Place squash in serving bowl, and drizzle with tahini sauce. Then sprinkle the za’atar seasoning over top.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 5 Smart Points/4 Points +
PER SERVING: 154 calories; 7.5g fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 21g carbohydrates; 2.7g sugar; 3g protein; 4g fiber