- 3 medium sized beets, trimmed
- 16oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves
- 5 oz goat cheese
- 6 sandwich rolls
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450. Make sure greens are removed from the beets, then wrap them in aluminum foil, and place them inside a small baking dish. Roast until beets are soft enough to easily pierce with a knife, about 45-60 minutes. Allow to cool, then using a paper towel, rub the beets to remove the skin.
- Slice beets thinly and place into a medium sized bowl (makes about 2 cups). Chop 3 garlic cloves, and place them on top of the beets. Season with salt and pepper. Then add vinegar and cilantro. Cover with a lid, and shake a bit to mix up. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet lightly with an olive oil mister and set over medium high heat. Add spinach, remaining to garlic cloves (minced), and a bit of salt and pepper. Sauté, tossing frequently, until spinach is wilted.
- Toast each sandwich roll, then divide the goat cheese, beets and spinach evenly amongst the rolls.
Entire recipe makes 6 sandwiches
Serving size is 1 sandwich
Each serving = 6 Points +
PER SERVING: 244 calories; 5g fat; 38g carbohydrates; 12g protein; 3.5g fiber