- 1/2 box of Dreamfields Rotini Pasta
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3Tbsp Butter (Horizon’s Organic Salted Butter is used)
- 1 cup chopped frozen Broccoli (Fresh can be used instead)
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic (if preferred can decrease the garlic to 1 tbsp)
- 16 large cooked shrimp (de-veined, tail removed, halved)
- In a large sauce pan cook pasta per directions on the box and do not rinse after draining. Once the pasta is drained, put pasta into a large bowl.
- In a large skillet or frying pan add Extra Virgin Olive Oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and lightly brown (do not overcook).
- Add shrimp, and toss frequently until them over heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the shrimp have turned opaque and pink or orange.
- You can cook shrimp on a medium –high heat but overcooking the shrimp can result in the shrimp being dry.
- Next, add broccoli and continue to cook on medium or medium-high for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10-12 minutes while continuing to stir.
- Pour mixture over pasta and toss until mixed completely. Serve immediately.
Entire recipe makes 1 serving
Serving size is about 1 3/4 cups
Each serving = 7 Points +
PER SERVING: 238 calories; 11.3g fat; 30.3g carbohydrates; 7.8g protein; 4.9g fiber