- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs skinless, boneless
- 2 cups pineapple diced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mist a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place pineapples, onion and bell peppers in baking dish. Top with chicken thighs.
- Whisk cornstarch and 1 tbsp warm water together in a small bowl. Combine the cornstarch mixture, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and black pepper together in a small saucepan over low heat. Allow to simmer while whisking occasionally. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and set aside for at least 10 minutes, allowing it to cool and thicken.
- Pour sauce on top of the chicken, then turn the chicken over to make sure every inch is coated in the sauce. Bake, uncovered for about 30-35 minutes.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1/6th of dish
Each serving = 6 Smart Points
PER SERVING: 220 calories; 8g fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 11g carbohydrates; 9g sugar; 0g fiber; 23g protein