Here’s a wonderful fall recipe – the flavor of the chicken and apples is really special! (Try to use apples that keep their shape when cooked, such as golden delicious.)
You can also add some garlic if you like, and serve with creamy mashed potatoes and green beans.
Makes 4 servings
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 apples, unpeeled,cored and thickly sliced
1 onion, sliced
1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Sprinkle chicken with thyme, salt and pepper.
2. In large fry-pan, heat half of the oil over medium high heat; brown chicken all over.
3. Transfer to plate.
4. Add remaining oil to fry-pan.
5. Cook apples and onion, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
6. Add apple cider, bring to boil, stirring and scraping up brown bits from pan.
7. Return chicken to fry-pan.
8. Cover and cook over medium low heat, turning once, until no longer pink inside (about 7 minutes).
9. Transfer chicken to serving platter.
10. Whisk vinegar with cornstarch; whisk into fry-pan and cook, stirring, until glossy and thickened (about 1 minute).
11. Pour over chicken.
WW POINTS per serving: 5
Nutritional information per serving: 241 calories, 8.4g fat, 2.1g fiber